Sunday, November 6, 2016

Extreme Adventure: CamSur Watersports Complex (CWC)


2 years ago, I made one the best trips I had with 2 of my closest friends in St. Luke’s (Ma’am Nats Napalan and Ma’am Aiks Rabin). We started off in Caramoan and ended up in Legazpi City. It was an unplanned but tremendously enjoyable and memorable trip. After our out of this world experience in Caramoan, we decided to include Camsur Watersports Complex as an additional escapade.





CWC is located in Pili, the capital of Camarines Sur, which is next to Naga City. CWC has increasingly become a popular cable park not only to local, but foreign tourists as well, because of wakeboarding and other unique watersports activity. Being the first world-class watersports complex in the country, CWC has tremendously contributed in boosting the tourism industry of Camarines Sur, making the province the "Wakeboard Capital of the Philippines."




From Caramoan, we arrived at CWC around 12PM and left our bags in their luggage keeping counter. Maám Nats and Maám Aiks were very determined to try the wakeboarding stuffs while I am still deciding if I should try it or not. I’m not really that comfortable with watersports and my sense of balance is a bit off so I really didn’t know what to expect or if I’d even enjoy it.  But nonetheless I just went with the flow. For the meantime, we decided to explore the complex and took snacks while watching and taking photos of wakeboarding in action.



When we decided to finally do give it a try, it’s such therefore a big relief that the beginners’ area is different from that of experienced wakeboarders.  The latter was just absolutely intimidating with all those obstacles en route.  The former on the other hand was just a straight out and back route on a much smaller and shallower pool.  But for a beginner like me, it still is intimidating.






Can I just say that my two friends, Maám Aiks and Maám Nats were fast learners! They were able to glide above the water so gracefully while I am too scared and nervous (and pressured) watching both of them enjoying the ride. 

Eventually my turn came and I could not determine what I was feeling.  The guide on our side was quite helpful and pretty entertaining and he gave some really good tips, but applying it was a totally different case.  But you don’t really have that much time to think.  Suddenly your handle is being pulled; all you can do is keep your balance while you’re being dragged.  Before you know it you’re moving in the water and a few seconds later I’m back in the water.  Everything happened so quickly!  And I tried again and again and again! 

Eventually, I grew comfortable with the water and was actually having fun!




It was such an amazing experience. You will feel tired after but there's this feeling of achievement. My arms were sore and my muscles were aching but the feeling is priceless (considering that I am not into physical stuff). Overall, you should try this one. Even just for an hour. 






No comments:

Post a Comment