Monday, July 20, 2015

One Fine Day at Pinto Art Museum



I have really wanted to visit Pinto Art Museum due to rave reviews from friends who already visited the place. I also learned that this place is owned by one of the best neurologists in this country and a strong supporter of local artists, Dr. Joven Cuanang (who also happened to be one of our consultants in St. Luke’s- Quezon City).


Last July 18, I finally decided to visit Pinto Art Museum together with one of my good friends, Ma’am Snaffy.



Pinto means “door” in Filipino, and true to its name- the museum is a gateway for modern and contemporary visual art. The structure which is constructed on a 1.2 hectare of land inside a subdivision in Antipolo City is filled with well-manicured lawn, landscaped gardens and white-washed art galleries resembling the famous cabanas in Santorini, Greece.
 


I have learned that the place is also famous for pre-nuptial photo sessions and pictorials. Well it is understandable because everything…I repeat, everything in this place is picturesque. Everything is exquisite…everything is photogenic!



I have this unquenchable thirst for culture and the arts lately; maybe this is because of my goal/vision to be a “cultured human being”, hahaha. But, kidding aside- I fancy museums, galleries and art spaces. I can stay the whole day alone inside one. It never bores me. I can look at an artwork for hours without noticing the time passing by. It’s as if I’m being hypnotized by whatever powers or forces a single piece of artwork has.



The extensive and impressive collections inside Pinto Art Museum are just awesome. Every corner is smartly utilized as well. In fact, I consider this museum write-up to be unappealing because I did have a hard time verbalizing the experience.



The trip mesmerized me. A day in this museum is definitely a day well-spent. Take my word for it.  Go there yourself and get wonderfully lost inside Pinto Art Museum.
 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice doc! I'm waiting for more.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ma'am Cooks for visiting my new blog,hahaha. And thank you also for supporting our ASCO conference. Big hug my friend!

      Delete