Saturday, November 5, 2016

Art in Island: The Biggest 3D Museum in Asia


Hey guys! I am so happy to announce that I am now a Diplomate of The Philippine Society of Medical Oncology AND I am now settled (finally) in Iloilo. I am on the process of fixing my papers in order to start my clinic here. Nonetheless, I already have my own clinic in Antique Medical Center and I got SEVEN new referrals in two days’ time. Amazing, isn’t it? Tonight, I have nothing else to do and I am all alone here in my town house that’s why I am finally writing another blog post about the biggest 3d museum in all of Asia! 



The museum  was founded by Yun Jae Kyoung together with a team of 18 Korean master painters who were specially flown in for the project. They all worked together and created the paintings in the museum. The museum had over 200 masterpieces, including reproduction of works of masters, animals, Egyptian ruins and others—most of them are 3D! These arts give the illusion of depth when viewed from a certain angle, and is designed to serve as a backdrop for photo opportunities.


The purpose of opening a 3D trick art museum in Manila was to acknowledge Flipinos’ love affair with taking selfies and sharing them with their loved ones on social media. Your trip to the museum would be pointless if you didn’t interact and take pictures of your crazy poses with the art! Just like how the corporate secretary of Art in Island, Blyth Cambaya quoted, “Here, art paintings are not complete if you are not with them … If you don’t take pictures with them.” Blyth surely knows the truth and I can affirm it.



Before entering, we were asked to leave our shoes at the counter. Yes, shoes were NOT ALLOWED inside to preserve the paintings because some can be found in the floor. You better wear socks or bring one. I roamed around the museum with my barefoot and the floor was quite cold! Not only that, the museum was fully air-conditioned, so I’d suggest bringing a jacket if you were the kind of person who would get cold easily. For me, it was perfectly cool as it was really hot outside.


There were many different themed “zones” that I truly enjoyed and I was blown away when I entered the first hallway of the museum. It was themed as the Masterpiece Zone where you could interact with the famous paintings from all over the world (i.e. “The Starry Night” by Vincent van Gogh, “Mona Lisa” by Leonardo da Vinci, “The Scream” by Edvard Munch, etc.).

That really kicked off my energy in the beginning and I ended up taking the time to play with most of the art in different themed zones. They featured themes that includes the following:
Aquatic Adventures (Underwater Zone)
Journey to the Jungle (Animal Zone)
Winter Wonderland (Christmas Zone)
Religious World of Art (Religious Zone)
Dungeons of the Ancient Times (Central Hall)
Magical and Mysterious Walls (Fantasy Zone)



The visit took Maám Snaffy and I around 2 hours of planning, posing, acting, exploring, and cracking up. It was a morning very well spent and none of the other visitors mocked us no matter how weird we looked!



1 comment:

  1. That looks an awesome place. I'm gonna try to visit it. I'm pretty sure me and my friends are going to love it. Try visiting Art fair 2018, you'll love it too. Anyway, Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete